Friday, November 02, 2007

Botched Alaska with Exxon Valdez fudge sauce

Please read this article. I find it wonderful when food and current events (well, maybe not so current) mingle in such an interesting way. If only Baked Alaska didn't seem so complicated and unnecessarily fussy, I might consider making it just to serve it with the "whiskey-laden Exxon Valdez fudge sauce." How funny.

In unrelated news, I found out yesterday that Dagoba, one of my favorite chocolate brands (mostly because I thought it was named after the Dagobah System from Star Wars and I love Yoda), was bought out by Hershey a few years ago. Today I discovered that Burt's Bees was recently bought by Clorox and Tom's of Maine is owned by Colgate. Does anyone else find this to be a sad trend?

3 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger John David said...

Why spend decades earning some credibility and brand loyalty when you can just buy it? That's the American way.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Martha said...

I do have to admit I'm sad about Burt's Bees.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger heidiann(e) said...

arg! angryangryangry!

it's time to start making our own EVERYTHING.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home